Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Tweet like no algorithm is coldly deciding your social worth.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Update: First big solo story

I spent 6 hours in court on Friday, and it was awesome! I got there just in time to hear the last bit of testimony from the defendant and few other witnesses. I basically sat in there and look A LOT of notes about everything they said. I was so glad that they actually went into closing arguments on Friday and ended up charging her (Guilty on capital murder and attempted capital murder). I found out that I actually really enjoy court reporting, it's really interesting. I'm very happy that Stephanie trusted me with this case and I hope I get to do more of this! I won't be back interning at the station until after Christmas break *sad face* but I'm certainly looking forward to it! 


You can read my story here: http://www.kwtx.com/news/headlines/Woman_Accused_Of_Killing_Husband_Tells_Jurors_She_Didnt_Do_It_134918663.html. 

No comments:

Post a Comment